ANNOUNCING THE 2021 #INTERNATIONALDAYOFHAPPINESS OFFICIAL CAMPAIGN THEME:
- Jayme Illien, Founder of the United Nations International Day Of Happiness
We achieve this by selecting the official #InternationalDayOfHappiness annual theme and announcing the annual tradition: Ten Steps to Global Happiness. And by working to promote and advance:
- Happiness as a fundamental human right and goal for all
- Happiness as a universal aspiration in the lives of all
- Happiness as a way of living, being, and serving communities and society
- Happiness as a north star for individuals, communities, governments, and society.
- Happiness path toward achieving the sustainable development goals
- Happiness as a “new paradigm’ for human development
- Worldwide celebration of the international day of happiness that is democratic, diverse, organic, and inclusive
10 Steps to Global Happiness for 2021
1. Tell everyone.
The first step in the Ten Steps To Global Happiness, is Tell Everyone with the idea and purpose of spreading the word about the existence and mission of the International Day of Happiness. Tell Everyone is designed to be very simple such as wishing a friend, family member, professional colleague, group, or stranger a “Happy International Day of Happiness” just as one might wish someone a “Happy Birthday” or a “Happy Holidays”. The idea of Tell Everyone as the first step is also to leave an open window for creativity, and more innovative and complex ways of Telling Everyone with the broader purpose of informing as many people as possible about the International Day of Happiness. These examples include writing a song, a youtube video, or printing out and sharing the UN Happiness Resolutions in a public setting such as a school, office building, restaurant, or coffee shop. The idea is to have fun with it, and to be creative in expressing oneself while getting the news out about the International Day of Happiness.
2. Do what makes you happy.
3. Virtually attend and Celebrate a World Happiness event.
Step 5 is to create your own #InternationalDayofHappiness or World Happiness Week celebration. Promote it on Social Media, put out a Press Release, let the world know about your Happiness Day event!
7. Promote the Resolutions.
8. Advance the United Nations Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
10. Adopt Happytalism.
Step 10 is to adopt and spread a more holistic, inclusive, equitable and balanced approach to economic growth that promotes sustainable development, poverty eradication, happiness and the well-being of all peoples, such as Happytalism.